Facebook is not the safest and securest social platform in the world, but then, not any platform is 100% safe. Hateful, inappropriate and wrong content gets posted on social media every day. Most social media platforms deploy AI and automated software which filters the inappropriate content out. But since it is just a program, sometimes it cannot recognize objectionable content. And that’s where the moderators come in. Facebook moderators watch and keep an eye on the contents being posted on its platform every day. But even if that doesn’t help, every Facebook user has the option to report posts on the platform.
Although Facebook itself has the “Report Something” discussion page which describes how the user can report what they think is inappropriate. The guide helps the user by letting them know how to handle situations and how to report something or some post/video/image etc. But other than that, here’s how you can report something on Facebook:
Table of Contents
How to report on Hate Speech?
If the user finds something which promotes Hate Speech or something similar, then he can take the following steps to report it:
- First, they need to click on the three dot icon on the right of the post.
- They will then be taken to ‘Give feedback on this post’ page.
- Once the user has submitted the reason why they are reporting the post, they would need to click on send. Facebook’s Community Standards have several things which the user can report if he thinks that it doesn’t belong on the social platform. Posts involving harassment, nudity, violence, terrorism, hate speech can be reported by the user.
- Once reported, the user would get a response thanking him for his feedback.
How to report on an Impersonation/ Impersonator?
If a user finds someone impersonating them or someone they know on Facebook, the following steps can be followed:
- First, the user needs to go to the profile of the person who is impersonating someone.
- Then he needs to click on the three dots icon on the top right of the profile.
- Once done, he needs to select the ‘Give feedback or report this profile’.
- After that, the user needs to select the reason for his report. He can select the ‘Pretending to be Someone’ or ‘Fake Name’.
How to report an AD
Nowadays, Ads can become a constant pain if they pop-up every time the user is browsing on his social media page. They can hinder the user’s experience on social media. If this is happening with you or with someone you know, the following steps can be followed to stop it:
- The user would need to click on the three dots on the right of the post (Ad).
- After which he would need to select the “Hide Ad” or “Report Ad” option. Once done, that Ad will be removed from your Facebook feed immediately. This can be used on other social media platforms as well.