The newest trend on social media is the old-age filter by FaceApp. Everyone is using the app to see what they will look like when they are older. The users of the app then also share their images with these filters on various social media apps like Instagram and Facebook. The trend has taken the world by a storm and has become so popular that even Bollywood celebrities are sharing their images with the FaceApp filter on. If you haven’t shared your image with FaceApp’s old-age filter, no need to fret. The social media trend is relatively new and here, we have created a step-by-step guide on how you can do it.
All you need to get started is enough space for FaceApp app in your smartphone. The app is available for Android as well as iOS. You can log visit Google’s Play Store or Apple’s App Store to download the app. The app is known as ‘FaceApp – AI Face Editor’ on Google Play Store and it works with devices that run Android 5.0 or above. With the new filter that the app has rolled out, it has become one among the top free apps on the App Store as well as Google Play Store.
Here are all the steps you need to follow to use FaceApp’s old-age filter:
- Open the FaceApp app on your smartphone.
- You will have four options. You can tap on ‘Gallery’ to upload an image, on ‘Facebook’ icon to get a picture from the social media platform, ‘Celebrities’ to look for images of famous people and a ‘Camera’ icon to click an image to use with the filter.
- Choose one among the four icons and upload the image on the app.
- FaceApp will then process your photo.
- Now, select the filter of your choice. Smile and Smile 2 will add a smile to your photo, ‘Young’ will make your face look younger, ‘Old’ will make your face appear older, ‘Female’ will add female features to your face and ‘Male’ will add male features.
- To get the old-age filter, click on the ‘Old’ icon.
- Tap on the Save icon to get the image to your Gallery.
- Alternatively, you can also share it to your social media accounts using the dedicated buttons on FaceApp.
We should mention that this reminds us of Snapchat’s baby filter that went viral a few weeks back. You can read about how to use that here.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.