To FaceTime from an iPhone with an Android phone you need to create a link from the FaceTIme app and send the link using Whatsapp, email, and more. The link received on the Android smartphone can be opened using Google Chrome. And you can join the FaceTime call using Chrome Web. Follow the guide below to use FaceTime on your Android through a link.
How to create a FaceTime link from iPhone:
To use the FaceTime call on the Android mobile you need to receive an invite link from an Apple iPhone, Mac, or iPad user. The FaceTime call link can only be created from the FaceTime app supported on an iPhone. The following steps tell you how to create a FaceTime call link.
- Open the FaceTime app (iOS 15).
- Click on Create Link from the app homepage.
- Select the Info button having an “i” icon.
- From the open-up page click on Share Link.
- Now from the options pop-up>Choose how to share it.
- There are many options on how to send the link using which app: WhatsApp, email, Apple messages, or copy the link to send it from another online platform.
Read more: How can you change Siri’s voice on iOS 14.5 and on macOS Big Sur 11.3?
How to join the FaceTime link using an Android smartphone:
Since Facetime calls are supported only on Safari and Google Chrome. You need to use FaceTime using Chrome web on the Android mobile. When you have received the invite link click on the link and open it using Chrome. Follow the guide below to open the FaceTime link and join the video call from an Android smartphone.
- Click on the invite link>Enter your name or username>And press Continue.
- When the pop-up appears on the screen “facetime.com wants to use your camera”>Press Allow>Select Allow when Allow camera prompt.
- From the browser open-up,>Click on the Join>Green Colour icon on the top right corner
- Now the video call will be connected as soon as the iPhone user who created the link approve you to join
- There is an option to leave when deemed using the Leave button>Red colour on the top of the page.
Read also: Best new features of iOS 15 that will increase productivity
There are many customisations you can make when you FaceTime call from your Android smartphone. There are options for on-screen controls, options for full screen, mute the video, disable video, and also switch the camera options. You can also go to the three-dot icon menu and make settings for the Grid layout or change between available cameras and audio.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.