As you all know, using Microsoft words traditionally means an awful amount of typing and using the keyboard. But in the case of people who are not comfortable with a lot of typing, Microsoft has enabled the speech-to-text feature. MS Word has support for voice typing where you can dictate your writing using voice recognition. This feature is very convenient and highly accurate also. Follow the guide below to use voice typing in Microsoft Word.
Conditions for using the Dictate your documents on Microsoft Word:
The prerequisite for using the speech-to-text on MS Word is: you need to make sure you have a working built-in microphone connected to your laptop/PC or an external microphone. Using headphones that have a good quality microphone is also a good option. And also make sure you have a proper functional internet connection.
Guide to enable the speech-to-text features:
The following guide is to show how to enable the dictation of your document using Microsoft Word. The function is useful for many situations and for many people. Check out the guide to learn how to enable voice typing and use it in Microsoft Word.
- Open the Microsoft Word software on your computer.
- Once the MS word is open>Go to Home on the tab above.
- From the “Home” tab from the top taskbar between “File” and “insert”>Click on the Home tab.
- Now from the drop-down menu on the top of the screen>Go to Dictate with the microphone icon that is on the right side of the screen>Click Dictate.
- Once you click the button you will hear a beep>Now the icon will turn into a red icon.
- You can now start dictating your speech or words>Recording has started when the icon turns red.
- Make sure you pronounce the word clearly and speak slowly and clearly for more accurate dictating.
- Use this keyword as you dictate along: dictate punctuation as you record along, say New line so that you can start a new line like pressing the Enter key.
- Make sure you have to dictate everything accurately and precisely>After you are done click on the Date button again to finish the process.
- You can also use the voice command to complete your dictation or stop the function.
- To know some more advanced options>You can still use the keyboard when you are using the Speech-to-text features on MS word.
- There are options to make language settings as well: Click on the downward arrow on the Dictate icon>Scroll down and click on the preferred language>There is additional Preview language also.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.