Using Google maps is like our personal travel guide. The internet map by Google gives you recommendations based on the places you have visited if you had turned on the map. It helps you know in real-time the traffic update for your commute. The location history in Google account saves all the places where you went using your device. But conveniently the maps allow you to view, manage, and delete them. Check out how.
How to view your location history
Google maps help you to find new places and search the best routes. By using the timeline feature in Google maps you can track every place you have visited in the Location history. The timeline feature is the best in Google maps. For example,e if you visited a memorable shop in a location, but it is hard for you to remember where it was. Browsing your timeline in Google maps will help you to find the exact location. Isn’t it amazing? Check the following on how to view your location history in Google maps.
- Open Google map: On app or computer
- Click on the three horizontal lines on the top left corner: Hamburger menu
- If on the app click on account with a profile icon
- Go to timeline
- On the timeline, page choose the year, month, and date to see your location history
- On the app: Input the date, month, and year shows – As well as day, places, cities, and world
- The bottom half of the page indicates all the details
How to manage and delete your location history
Google maps help you to know where you have been and where you are going. And at times suggests locations you may be interested in visiting. Luckily Google maps give you the options to control and manage your Maps settings. You also have the option to delete the location per your choices. Manage or delete today using the guide below. Learn how in the following:
- You can manage your Google using the timeline option: Shown in the above steps
- To delete your location history: Open Google map
- Select account on the right corner for mobile, on the computer, click the three horizontal line
- Go to timeline
- For mobile go to more and setting, and for computer tap the setting icon
- Now press Delete all local history
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.