The Redmond giant Microsoft has finally officially launched its Windows 10 operating system in 190 countries. Presently the users of Windows 7, 8 and 8.1 can now upgrade to the new Windows 10 with ease. The company has started its reservation system earlier and is now in the phase of rolling out the updates.
Speaking at the launch, Vineet Durani, Director, Windows Business Group, Microsoft India said, “We are entering a new era of Windows. For the first time, we built Windows 10 alongside our customers – the feedback of more than 5 million Windows Insiders helped shape Windows 10. The response from Insiders in India has been overwhelming as well and we are excited to bring Windows 10 to India. And what better way to introduce it than by celebrating the insiders and fans who played such an instrumental role in making this happen.”
Some of the new features of Windows 10 are
- Cortana – The personal digital assistant, makes it easy to find the right information at the right time.
- Microsoft Edge browser – Lets people quickly browse, read, and mark up and share the Web.
- Integrated Xbox app – Delivers the Xbox experience to Windows 10, bringing together friends, games and accomplishments across Xbox One and Windows 10 devices.
- Continuum – Optimizes apps and experiences beautifully across touch and desktop modes.
- Built-in apps including Photos; Maps; Microsoft’s new music app, Groove; and Movies & TV offer entertainment and productivity options.
- Microsoft Phone Companion app – Enables iPhones, Android or Windows phones to work seamlessly with Windows 10 devices.
The company claims that this is the safer, personal and secure Windows ever. It will have different editions such as Windows 10 Home, Windows 10 Pro, Windows 10 Enterprise and Windows 10 Education.