Has it ever happened to you when you try to read or do something on your phone and suddenly the screen goes off? Screen timeout solely decides how long your phone will stay illuminated. Usually, it takes 30 seconds to 1 minute to turn off the screen. But sometimes it depends upon your device because the process slightly varies depending on which phone you have. As each manufacturer changes the Android user interface, it still requires only a few steps.
Did you know Screen timeout is the setting on your phone by which you can set a timer to your Android smartphone screen shut off time? We are going to tell you the 3 most easy ways, by following which anyone can stop their phone screen from turning off automatically. And whenever you want you can change it back to default as well.
Here are the 3 easy steps for you:
Step 1: Lock Screen Option
- Swipe down the quick settings panel from the top and tap on the settings icon to go to settings.
- In the settings menu, go to Lock Screen.
- Click on the icon and search for sleep option.
- Now you need to click on sleep and just select Never from the option.
- After clicking on the Never option your phone screen will stop turning off.
Note: In some smartphones like from Samsung, this option will be found in display settings within the settings menu.
Step 2: Via Third-party Apps
There are plenty of such apps available on the Android Play Store that stops your Android phone screen from turning off automatically. One of them is the Caffeine app Here’s how to use it.
- Install Caffeine keep screen on the app from Android Play Store. (Download from here)
- Now you will get the caffeine icon in the quick settings panel on your phone.
- Click on the Caffeine icon and go to the app and click on timeout.
After clicking on the Timeout icon your phone screen will stop turning off, you can change the setting if you want to in the future.
Step 3: Via Display Option.
- All you need to do is click on the settings menu from the notification panel or the app drawer and go to the settings icon.
- Now click on the Display icon.
- Click on Screen Timeout and click on the Never option.
- After Clicking on Screen timeout your phone screen will stop turning off.
These are some quick and easy ways that will stop your Android phone screen from turning off automatically. In case you are downloading any other third-party app to do so, please always read the user comments and check the stability of the app beforehand.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.