Technology has brought a lot of ease to our society. However, a lot of times we do take it for granted. Because of our clumsiness, our phone suffers a lot. At least ours does! So, when our phone’s power button broke, we had to find some ways to make it work without pressing it. Thus, we bring to you five ways you can turn on an android phone without using the power button.
Use recovery mode
This approach only works on Android devices, and you must switch off your Android phone to use it. To enter recovery mode, simply connect in your USB cord while holding down the volume down/volume up buttons. When the menus display, simply tap exit and the device will reboot.
Different manufacturers may use different Android versions; therefore, this may vary.
Read Also: How to use Android apps on Windows 10
Using voice control – Bixby
- Bixby may be used to turn on and lock Samsung devices.
- If you have a Samsung phone or Galaxy Tab, you can use Bixby instructions to turn off and lock your device without touching the power button. Unfortunately, Google Assistant commands are ineffective in this situation.
- To lock or unlock your device, open the Samsung Bixby app and select “Unlock my phone” or “Lock my phone.”
- Bixby will activate the screen, which you may unlock with your PIN, pattern, or biometrics.
Android Settings allows you to set a timer for when the device will turn off.
If the power button on your Android phone is broken and you need to switch it on or off, you can schedule the power on and off time.
- Tap on the search bar or icon under Settings.
- Select Schedule power on/off after typing “schedule” into the search box.
- You can programme your phone to turn on and off automatically without having to press the power button.
Quick ball to lock and unlock Xiaomi and Redmi phones
- Quick Ball is a useful function found on all Xiaomi and Redmi devices running MIUI. Home, Recents, Back, screenshot, and Lock are among the shortcuts.
- Select Quick ball from the drop-down menu under Settings > Additional settings.
- Now, in front of Turn on Quick ball, tap the toggle symbol.
- You can now lock your phone by tapping the Lock shortcut in Quick ball, then wake it up and unlock it with a double-tap without having to use the power button.
To assist physically disabled persons using their phones, Android smartphones offer an Accessibility or Assistant menu. After you’ve enabled it, you’ll be able to access the Power Menu screen and turn on or lock your Android phone without having to use the power button. Follow the steps below:
- On your device, go to Settings > Accessibility. Accessibility can be found under Additional options for Chinese phones such as Xiaomi, Google Pixel, Huawei, Oppo, Realme, OnePlus, Vivo, and so on. The Accessibility or Assistant Menu must now be enabled.
- Samsung gadgets: Enable the Assistant menu by tapping on Interaction and dexterity. At the right border of the screen, a floating will appear. Simply press it and choose the Power off option from the menu.
- Other brands: Enable the Accessibility Menu under Accessibility > Accessibility Menu. On your phone’s navigation bar, look for the Accessibility Menu symbol. To lock or restart your phone without using the power button, simply hit the Accessibility Menu icon and select the Power or Lock screen.
Another easy way to turn on your phone is to plug – in the charger. So, without touching the power button, you can now lock, restart, and switch off your Android phone or tablet.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For the newest tech & gadget, videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.