PAN card correction requires making amendments to the entries of your name, address, or any other data in the PAN card. You can do the correction online via the TIN portal of NSDL. The procedure for correcting the PAN card details is different for contact addresses inside and outside India. The method for the former case is given below.
How to apply online for PAN Card correction?
To apply for your PAN card correction, follow these steps.
- Visit the TIN portal of NSDL: https://www.tin-nsdl.com/.
- Go to the ‘Services’ tab on the menu and tap on ‘PAN’ on the drop-down menu.
- Once you enter a new screen, scroll up and locate ‘Change/Correction in PAN Data’
- Click on the ‘Apply’ link below the said section and it will redirect you to the page ‘Online PAN application‘
- Begin by selecting ‘Changes or Correction in existing PAN Data/Reprint of PAN Card’ from the ‘Application Type’ drop-down menu.
- Select the ‘Category’ from the drop-down menu.
- Fill in the ‘Applicant Information’ segment with these details.
- Last Name /Surname
- First Name
- Middle Name
- Date of Birth / Incorporation / Formation
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
- Citizenship (Indian or not)
- PAN number
- Enter the Captcha Code and click on ‘Submit’.
- As soon as the request is registered, you will get a Token Number on the provided email address.
- Click on ‘Continue with PAN Application Form’ to get redirected to the PAN card correction form.
- The page will ask for your personal details.
- Name of Father
- Name of Mother
- Aadhaar Number
- On the Document details page, select the required proof documents.
- Click on the self-declaration box and click on Submit.
- Make the payment using the given listed payment gateways.
- After payment, you will get an acknowledgment slip.
- To fulfill the PAN card correction online process, get the print-out of the slip and post it to the Income Tax PAN Service Unit of NSDL e-gov, along with the required documents.
Fees for correcting the PAN Card
Both online and offline processes of the PAN card correction demand a definite amount of fee. The fees may vary depending on the contact address.
- Fees for contact address within India: ₹ 110.
- Fees for contact address outside India: ₹ 1,020.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.