Smartphones are a part of our daily life now. From family photos that you got from WhatsApp groups to confidential documents sent via e-mails we store everything on our smartphones. But, what if a confidential document gets into the wrong hands? You don’t want that, right? So here we are to show you how to scan documents on Android or an iPhone and password-protect them.
Table of Contents
Scan Document with Google Drive
Google Drive is the most popular cloud storage platform, it also offers users to share documents. If you use Google Drive then you will be very happy to know that you can scan documents with Google Drive and you do not have to install any other application for this. To scan documents with Google Drive just follow these steps:
- Open Google Drive on your Android phone.
- In the bottom right corner, you will see a + icon, tap on that.
- Then, select scan, the camera will be opened, and now click the picture of the document
- Now just adjust the corner of the scanned file to your liking and save it. That is it!
You can opt to save the file in black & white or coloured documents.
Use PhotoScan by Google
Photo scan is a scanning app from Google that is solely made to scan and share documents. You can download PhotoScan from Google from the Playstore or from Apple Appstore After downloading the app just follow the steps:
- Open the Photoscan app and hit the red button.
- You will see 4 white dots in each corner of the screen, move your phone so that each dot gets aligned with the center.
- When you have scanned the document the final step is to adjust corners according to your liking, and that’s it. Just save the document.
Scan Document with iPhone’s note app
If you have an iPhone or iPad and you do not want to install any other app to scan documents, then the best way is to use the native note app. Just follow the steps given below:
- Open the Notes app on your iPhone/iPad and select a note or create a new one.
- Then tap the Camera button, then tap the Scan Documents.
- Place your document in view of the camera.
- If your device is in Auto mode, your document will automatically scan. If you need to manually capture a scan, tap the Shutter button tap the Shutter button to scan or one of the Volume buttons. Then drag the corners to adjust the scan to fit the page, then tap Keep Scan.
- The final step is to just save the document.
Use DigiLocker to password protect documents
DigiLocker is a platform for the issuance and verification of documents & certificates in a digital way, you can also save your scanned documents in this as well. You can download DigiLocker for iOS from here and for Android from here
Just install DigiLocker and import your scanned documents in it and that is it.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.