Oculus Quest 2 is a virtual reality headset designed by Oculus, a brand owned by Facebook. It is one of the most advanced all-in-one VR headsets available in the market. The multi-user feature of the Oculus Quest 2 enables you to add up to three accounts apart from the admin account. Earlier, the headset could be shared only through the original account. Since this feature is in the experimental phase, you might have to wait until you find the option to add more accounts.
Price: ₹ 40,948
How to add multiple accounts to the Oculus Quest 2?
To add multiple accounts to the Oculus Quest 2, follow these steps.
- Wear the Oculus Quest 2 and turn it on.
- Go to Settings by selecting the gear icon in the navigation bar.
- Choose the ‘Experimental features’ option.
- Now choose the Multiple Accounts and Library Sharing option and activate it.
- As soon as you enable the toggle, you will see the Accounts option in the Settings menu.
- Select Accounts and then OK.
- Now choose Add Account.
- Choose the Skip option. This will permit additional accounts but block them from using your apps. If you wish, you may choose the Enable to allow the additional accounts to use your apps.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to secure your account with an unlock code.
- Choose the Continue option.
It is worth noting that the person whose account you are adding has to follow the on-screen instructions to log into their account. The instructions will also assist in fitting the headset, adjusting the lens, and setting up the Guardian.
How does the Oculus Quest 2 manage multiple accounts?
The Oculus Quest 2 allows you to keep an admin account and three additional accounts. The additional accounts get a multi-user facility i.e., they can access applications owned by the admin. Moreover, they can make purchases and personalise the VR experience. The account of the admin gets locked and can’t be removed. The only way to modify or delete the admin account is by starting a factory reset process. However, you can modify or delete the additional accounts.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.