So you use your smartphone to listen to a lot of music or podcasts on audio platforms like Spotify, Jio Saavan, etc, and to videos also. If your answer is yes then you might be in search of how you can make that time more productive and use some other apps at that time as well, well we will tell you that. In this article, we will tell you about the top ways to play audio or video in the background on android.
Just follow the steps given below and you will be able to play videos and audios in the background:
A common method for all audio apps
Okay, so this method will work on all the audio streaming apps that exist whether the native music app or any other audio streaming app. Just follow the steps given below:
- Open any music app where the music is stored/available that you want to listen to.
- Just play the music on the app.
- Now that you have played the music, you just have to hit the home button on your phone or swipe up from the center if you have enabled gestures, and that is it.
This method works on both Android and iPhones and with all the music apps, whether they are pre-installed or you download them like Spotify
Use YouTube premium
YouTube Premium is a paid service from YouTube that stops ads from coming in between your videos and opens access to exclusive videos on YouTube and allows for the downloading of videos in HD quality. Apart from these features YouTube premium also allows videos to run in the background. So if you have premium membership from YouTube then you are good to go, there are no steps involved in turning on this setting, the setting is enabled by default. Just follow these steps to run videos in the background from the YouTube app:
- Open the YouTube app on your Android or iOS device and log in with the account which holds premium membership.
- Play any video that you like and just hit the home button or swipe up from the bottom, the video will be played in the background.
And that is how you can run YouTube videos in the background with the official YouTube app itself.
Read also: 5 free camera apps for Android users and why to use them
Use MX Player
MX Player is an audio/video platform player that lets you play locally stored media and also stream web series available on the platform. You can use this app to play videos and audio in the background. Just follow the steps given.
- Open MX Player on your phone
- Open Settings by tapping on the three-line menu on the top left of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap local player settings
- Scroll down and look for the background play option and check the option, and that is it. Now you will be able to run videos and audio in the background.
Use split or pip window mode
Another way to play video while doing your work is to play videos in either pip mode or split-screen mode. Both modes allow users to shrink the size of the window so that they can focus on other work while the video is playing. There are different ways for every phone to enable PiP and split-screen functionality so, just have a look on the internet and you are good to go.
Read also: Top 2 ways to fix YouTube PiP (Picture in Picture) not working on Android(Opens in a new browser tab)
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.