Instagram is one of the best photo-sharing platforms and among the most popular social media apps currently. Unlike Facebook where one has to be a friend to see your updates, Instagram lets the user choose if they want to keep their profile as public or private. If their account is public, others would be able to see their posts, follow them and send messages to them. However, if its private, then others would need follow permission from the user. The user can see the posts or content others have posted and there are times when the content is inappropriate. If the user feels that the content violates the rules and regulations of the platform, he/she can report it.
Here are the ways by which one can report a user, post, DM or Story on Instagram:
How to report an account
- First go to the account that you want to report.
- Click the ‘three vertical dots’ besides their username. Once tapped, it would open a list of options.
- Tap on Report.
- You will be asked why you want to report. Choose from ‘Spam’ or ‘Inappropriate’. You will further have to select the reason for reporting it for the process to complete.
How to report a post on Instagram
- To report a post, tap on the ‘three vertical dots’ icon besides the picture or video that you wish to report.
- You will see the option ‘Report’. Tap on it.
- You will be given the option to choose from ‘Spam’ or ‘Inappropriate’. Choose the reason why do you want to report the post.
- After tapping the reason, the post will be reported and you won’t see it anymore.
How to report Stories on Instagram
- To report a Story, you need to first open it. After opening the story, press on the ‘three vertical dots’ icon on the bottom.
- After tapping the vertical dots, you will be given the option to ‘Report’ the story.
- After tapping on Report you need to choose why you want to report the post. Either choose the option of ‘Spam’ or ‘Inappropriate’.
How to report Direct Messages (DMs) on Instagram
- To report a DM, you would need to go to the DM section of Instagram by swiping left.
- Then you need to open the DM you want to report, then you will see a ‘circular icon with an ‘i’ built in it. Tap on it.
- After that you will be given options to ‘Mute Messages’ which will mute the messages from that profile/ person. Or you can choose to ‘Mute Video Chats’ which will do as it suggests.
- At the bottom, you will see the ‘Report’ icon. Tap on it.
- After that you will be given the option to choose from ‘Spam’ or ‘Inappropriate’. Choose the option why you want to report the DM.
- Once reported, the user account who sent you the message will be blocked so that he can’t send you any more messages.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.