Garena Free Fire City Open 2021 tournament has been officially announced in India. In this gaming tournament, the survivors will be battling to get a chance to represent their own city/state. This national tournament will bring the top 12 Free Fire teams from across the nation to win a prize pool of Rs 60 lakhs. Read on for all the details.
Garena has announced the Free Fire City Open 2021 tournament in India. The is the national tournament being hosted in the country for the very first, time and to participate the survivors can sign up in-game through the Free Fire Cup (FFC) mode till the match day on 30 April. In the Free Fire tournament, the players will battle for a chance to represent their own city/state in which the top 12 Free Fire teams from across the nation will fight to win a prize pool of Rs 60 lakh.
According to Garena, these 12 teams will consist of the 10 top teams from 8 states, which have been named after their major city – Delhi, Mumbai (Maharashtra), Hyderabad(Telangana), Ahmedabad (Gujarat), Kolkata (West Bengal), Chennai (Tamil Nadu), Lucknow (Uttar Pradesh), and Visakhapatnam(Andhra Pradesh). Besides this, there will be two wildcard entries that will come from outside of these 8 regions.
It should be noted that these 8 participating regions have been chosen via a public poll. Speaking on the format of the format, the winners from each of the participating cities will be chosen basis their individual city finals. So, 2 teams selected from the play-ins between the teams ranked #2 to #4 from each of the 8 city finals; and 2 “wildcard” entries which will be the best teams chosen from the rest of India, outside of the 8 participating cities. The tournament is said to kickstart with the FFC mode on April 30 followed by the city finals starting in June.
How to register?
- Firstly sign up in-game through the Free Fire Cup (FFC) mode.
- Click on the banner and you will be taken to the FFCO lobby, here all the important details related to match, schedule, scoring and other details have been given.
- Then tap on the quad button in the lobby in order to create or join a team.
- If you want to create a team then you are required to fill in all your details like the name of your squad, contact information, your region and so on.
- On the other hand, you need to submit a request so as to join a team from the friends or application list.
- Each team will receive a total of eight tickets and the team formation will begin from April 30.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.