Technology giant, Google, has collaborated with Delhi Transport Ministry, Delhi Integrated Multi-Modal Transit System (DIMTS), Indraprastha Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) Delhi, and Lepton Software to introduce a new real-time bus service information feature for users in Delhi. Now the users will be able to track the timing of the DTC bus to arrive at the bus stop using the Google Maps application. Here is how you can Google Maps to know the next bus timing in Delhi.
Note that the new Google Maps has released the new real-time bus service information feature for users in Delhi only. These features will provide information related to the timings of the next DTC bus, which you can catch to reach your destination. So now onward the commuters in Delhi don’t require to stand at the but top waiting for the next bus to arrive. The real-time bus service information feature on Google Maps will also tell you how long it will take to reach your destination and will also show whether the bus is delayed or on time. The commuters will be able to track bus location, arrival/departure times, and routed on a real-time basis.
Delhi transport minister Kailash Gahlot stated “Google has teamed up with the Delhi Transport Ministry to show real-time bus information. Users will get an estimation of how long their trip is going to take, and if their bus is delayed. Google Transit will automatically update the times in line with the new conditions,” He further added, that the Status of around 3,000 buses is live. More DTC buses will be integrated soon so that people in Delhi will be able to plan their journeys to the minute. Therefore, reducing waiting time will also help in reducing crowding at bus stops and increase the accountability of public buses. As per the minister, Delhi will join the league of global cities that provide seamless real-time information of public transport.
How to use Google Maps to know the next bus timing in Delhi using the new real-time bus service information feature
- Firstly open Google Maps on Android or iOS devices.
- Now enter your destination and tap on the GO icon
- Then enter the ‘Source’ and ‘Destination’ locations.
- Tap on Transit, a tram-like icon to view times, bus numbers, routes, and real-time arrival information highlighted in green or red colour.
- Further tapping a recommended route will allow you to view more information on the route’s stops.
- Whereas hitting the bus stop will let you see a listing of all arriving buses, where relevant real-time information is depicted by the green or red beacon.
- One can also access real-time bus information by searching for a particular bus stop by clicking on its name and its listed bus numbers.
- It will then show up a listing of all buses arriving, with the location-enabled buses displaying their real-time ETA.
The best part is the Google Map real-time bus service information feature is also available in Hindi so that the commuters in Delhi can navigate in their preferred language by changing the language in Google Maps settings or within the device language settings. Google has plans to expand this feature in other cities in the country and is currently working with the respective public transport services in other cities to enable the functionality.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.