Gmail is one of the most popular services of Google and most of us depend on it for sending and receiving emails. If you have been using the service for a long time, then you would know that it is extremely important to delete some of your emails time and again. The main reason behind doing this is to make use of the space of your Google account in the best possible way. Here, we are listing down the ways in which you can delete unwanted emails from your Gmail account and make it less cluttered. Take a look:
- Open your Gmail account and then go to your Inbox.
- If you only have to delete a single email, open the mail and then click on the Bin shaped icon on the top. Most people know this, but we have mentioned for those who are unaware, anyway.
- If you want to delete more than one emails at a time, click on the square box besides the email to select them. You can mark a number of emails that you want to delete. After that, click on the Bin icon on the top of the Gmail window to send it to trash.
- Keep in mind that the email deleted from Inbox goes to Trash of Gmail and it is not completely deleted from the platform. To ensure that they stop taking up space from your Google account completely, you would have to empty your trash.
- On the left side of your Gmail account, scroll down to see the ‘Trash’ category and click on it.
- Here, you will see the Empty Trash Now icon on the top of the page. Click on to delete all emails from Trash. Keep in mind that deleting emails from Trash will delete the email permanently. But even if you don’t delete the emails from Trash then they will automatically get deleted after 30 days.
- To clean-up Gmail further, you can also head to the Spam folder which stores all the emails which you mark as spam. To empty the Spam folder, you need to go to the Spam folder present on the right side of the page.
- Once there, you can click on Delete all spam messages now which is present on the top of the Spam folder.
- Click on OK to delete all the emails from Spam folder. Once it is done, your Spam folder will be cleaned.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.