Facebook owned social media app WhatsApp has been working on its new feature that is the dark mode for quite a few months now. The app users have been eagerly waiting for this feature since the news surfaced on the web. Last year in the month of December the company rolled out the beta version to iOS users first. Without further delay, the company has now rolled out this feature for Android users also.
WhatsApp is now getting dark mode and this feature is now available via beta version. If you are a beta user then the hey will get the update automatically. If you have not signed up for the beta programme then it is already available on Google Play to get the dark theme. However, there is no confirmation when the stable version will be rolled out but it is expected to roll out soon.
The dark theme has started rolling out and comes with the new v2.20.13 update. The beta users will get an automatic update but if you have not received the update you can download the beta version dark mode via sideloading app APKMirror. Here is how to enable the WhatsApp dark theme feature on your mobile phones:
- Firstly, all you need to do is tap on the three menu on the upper right corner of the application in order to open the settings submenu.
- Now in the Settings menu tap on the Chat option.
- Now here you will find a new option that is the Theme option.
- Then tap the option and you get three more options here System default, Light, Dark
- Now select the Dark option and you are good to go. The dark mode on the app has now been enabled.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.