Before we go ahead, you should know that it is important that you possess the latest iTunes version, if you want to restore your iPhone to factory settings using a MAC or a PC. This pertains to the case when you want to restore your iPhone with the help of your Mac/PC. Know that once you restore your iPhone, all your data will be removed. So, it is important that you backup your iPhone data in a hard disk or your computers or laptops storage in case you don’t want to get rid of them. Firstly, let us teach you how to restore your iPhone with the help of a computer. Note that you need to connect your device with a PC/Mac before anything. Here you go:
- In your iPhone, go to Settings> [your name] >iCloud>My iPhone and switch it off.
- Open iTunes on your Mac/PC.
- There will be a pop-up message asking you for your device passcode or to Trust This Computer. Write the passcode once you receive it.
- Select your iPhone once it appears on iTunes.
- A summary panel would appear. Here, you will find the Restore iPhone button. Press it.
- Click Restore again to confirm.
Once this happens, iTunes removes all your iPhone data and updates it to the latest iOS version. That’s for folks who possess a computer. For those who don’t we have enlisted alternate set of steps to assist you that can be done directly from the iPhone:
- Tap settings> general settings> reset
- Enter the Screen Time Passcode once you get it from via a text message. At this stage your device will start erasing all your files until it updates it to the latest iPhone version
In case you have forgotten your device passcode, then you need to erase all the iPhone data by yourself to delete the Screen Time Password which it demands. Restoring your device with help of a backup won’t help you in this case. At times the device might ask you for your iTunes user name and password so keep that handy.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel.