In case you are new to Mac and you have just bought it, you might be completely oblivious to how to set up iMessages on your device. iMessages helps you to communicate with your friends, family and co-workers in a variety of platforms. In this article, we are going to teach you three things. First, how to set up iMessages on Mac, how to set up iMessages in iCloud for macOS and how to set up messages in iCloud for iOS.
First, we will guide you through the steps on how to set up iMessages on Mac. Here are the steps for your assistance:
- Launch Messages on your device and login with your Apple ID and password.
- Click on Messages in the Menu bar and then press on Preferences.
- Select Accounts tab.
- Select the phone number and email address which you want to contact.
- Then choose with whom you want to start a dialogue with.
Next we are we’ll guide you through the steps on how to set up iMessages in iCloud for macOS. Here you go:
- Open Messages and then click on Messages.
- Then click on Preferences> Accounts> IMessage account.
- Select the checkbox which adjacent to the “Enable Messages on iCloud”.
- Click on Sync Now which will let you sync immediately.
Make sure that you turn it on an iPhone or iPad with iOS 11 so that it runs properly.
Lastly, we tell you how to set up iMessages in iCloud for iOS 11.4. Here are the steps for your assistance:
- Open Settings.
- Tap on Apple ID banner> iCloud.
- Toggle the switch next to Messages so that it is ‘On’.
- Tap Apple ID> Settings> Messages> Sync Now.
Once you click on sync now, the device will sync your iMessages with iCloud.