One of the biggest advantages of sharing real time location with others is that the person whom you have sent your location to, will be able to send theirs as well. Henceforth, you can share each other’s current location as many times, over and over, in order to keep a track on each other. However, this is only possible if you have a smartphone. In any other device, you won’t be able to send your real time location. So, for the non-smartphone users who travel frequently, it is advisable to buy a smartphone so that you are no longer directionally challenged.
Before we go ahead, we must tell you that you need to provide Google, access to your contacts and location all the time. You need to make certain changes in your phone settings so that you can do location sharing on Google Maps. In order to know how, follow these steps:
- Open settings.
- Scroll down to Google Maps>Location.
- Toggle the switch next to your contacts towards the right side. That will help Google Maps access your contacts.
- After this, tap on Always.
This will allow Google Maps to access your location and contacts. In order to share your location on Google Maps, here are the steps:
- Open Google Maps
- Tap on the blue dot, which shows your current location
- A blue screen will appear after this where you will find three options—See nearby places, share your location and save your parking. Out of the lot, select Share your location.
- Tap on the plus or minus button depending on for how much time you want to make your location visible.
- Choose whether to send location on WhatsApp, SMS, Facebook, email etc. Select the contact with whom you want to share your location with and send.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel.