Instagram is testing a new feature on its platform that will allow users to publish posts from the desktop website on Mac as well as PC. A new toggle will allow doing so via Instagram’s desktop website.
Last month a similar functionality was spotted being tested on the photo share sharing platform. But this time some screenshots have been shared to demonstrate the alleged upcoming feature to publish feed posts from the desktop version of the app. At the moment this is under testing and only a few numbers of users can have access to the first live test of this feature. Like we said before a new toggle + will appear on the upper right corner, just between the messenger and the explore button.
According to Matt Navarra, some of the users including him have the new “+” icon in the top bar on the Instagram Account. When clicked the desktop version of Instagram allow the users to upload images or videos from their PC or Laptop to social media channel. In addition to this, you will also have the options to apply filters edit photos and videos before posting them just like you on the mobile application of Instagram. So possibly the parent company Facebook will soon launch this feature for the public in its next update.
— Matt Navarra (@MattNavarra) June 24, 2021
Right now it only shows the options to publish photos and videos and does not offer the option for Stories or Reels uploads. But some also suggest that soon Instagram.com will facilitate IGTV upload on its platform.
So if you are one of those lucky ones who is getting the options to upload posts via the desktop version of the social media channel then you can follow our step by step guide on How to post on Instagram from your PC or desktop.
- First things first, sign in to Instagram.com
- Now click on the “+” icon in the top bar
- On clicking this icon it will enable you to upload images or videos directly from your PC hard drive.
- Now select any image you like from your device.
- Once the desired photo is selected you will get the option to crop the image size in four different option.
- If you prefer to apply any filters the platform offers you a wide range to choose from.
- You can also adjust the colours, brightness, saturation and others
- In the case of uploading videos, once you have selected a video you will have the option to select the frame and toggle to turn on or off the sound.
- Now you are done with editing the photos or video add caption, location and alt text and hit publish.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.