Last year the Software manufacturing giant Microsoft introduced a new Office Mobile App, which since then was under testing. The App is now available for download for iPhone and Android users. The all in one app combines Word, Excel and PowerPoint in a single software. This makes it easier for the users to edit their documents spreadsheets and presentations within this single app while making multitasking between different apps with no effort.
These days millions of people use Office on their phones to achieve more at work, home and school. Whereas many people save their documents from their computers or laptop to their smartphones so that they can easily be accessed during their travel via different mediums. In order to make it hassle-free, Microsoft has come up with a new app called Office Mobile app.
Key benefits of using the new Office app:
- It is a combination of three apps at one place that is Word, Excel, and PowerPoint without having to download separate apps on your device and switch between. That means fewer apps acquire a lesser amount of space on your phone.
- The app also lets you use your camera for converting images into editable Word and Excel documents, scanning PDFs and capturing whiteboards with automatic digital enhancements so that they are readable.
- Adding new functionality for common tasks people often encounter when working on a phone—things like making quick notes, signing PDFs, scanning QR codes and transferring files between devices.
To recall, Microsoft introduced the Office app last year in November during its Ignite conference. According to the company immediately after the release of the app tens of thousands of people immediately downloaded the app on their Android and iOS devices that the company to cause to hit the 10,000-user limit in Apple’s TestFlight program in just a few hours. Considering the public reviews the company made several enhancements to the app such as third-party storage services including Box, Dropbox, Google Drive, and iCloud; templates to help users create new documents, spreadsheets, and presentations; and general performance improvements.
The Microsoft Office Mobile app is now available for download on Android tablets with limited support and the company promises to make the app fully optimized for tablets soon.
In the coming months, the company Microsoft will also roll out other features to this Office Mobile app such as:
- Word Dictation: This feature turns the user’s voice into text along with simple toolbars to easily apply the right formatting and punctuation required.
- Excel Card View: This feature allows you to view as well as edit data in an Excel table row in a simple, digestible card format so you do not have span across columns that extend beyond the limits of the screen.
- Outline to Powerpoint: This feature lets you write presentation content as a simple outline and allows PowerPoint Designer to turn it into presentable slides with the proper styling, formatting, and iconography of your content.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.