With the much-anticipated PlayStation 5 games reveal event finally taking place online, we saw that Sony lifted curtains off its PS5 new-generation console’s design, an array of new PS5 accessories and more than two dozen brand new PS5 games.
Sony lifts curtains off its new PS5 console design
According to Sony, the PS5 will be launched in the bold, two-toned console’s design options in order to offer unprecedented choice to the gamers. The options are:
- A standard model with an Ultra HD Blu-ray disc drive
- A digital model without a disc drive
The new console design of the PS5 marks a radical departure from previous PlayStation consoles. However, it was notified that the pricing and additional details for PlayStation 5 will be announced at a later date.
Asserting that this livestream event by Sony is just a glimpse of what’s to come in the next generation, Jim Ryan, President and CEO of SIE, said, “With PlayStation 5, we are making a significant leap to deliver a truly new generation of transformative play experiences that will redefine expectations for what games can be.”
Sony to launch all-new PS5 accessories
Sony stated that an array of new PS5 accessories will also be launched to boost the gaming experience. This would include:
- A PULSE 3D wireless headset that will comprise of 3D audio support and dual noise-cancelling microphones;
- HD Camera that will be equipped with 1080p lenses for gamers to broadcast themselves along with their epic gameplay moments;
- A Media Remote with built-in microphone to navigate movies and streaming services with ease; and
- A DualSense Charging Station for easily charging of two DualSense Wireless Controllers.
Sony announces lineup of brand new PS5 games
In addition, the livestream also showcased a first look at the new games that will define the next generation of gaming on PlayStation 5. Across dozens of titles, most of which are launching as console exclusives or full exclusives on PS5, the world’s most talented developers showcased the potential of the hardware. As per Sony, this will unlock rich experiences for gamers, bringing them deeper into extraordinary game worlds than ever before. Now, let take a look at the lineup of brand new PS5 Games from SIE Worldwide Studios and second-party partners:
- Astro’s Playroom (Japan Studio)
- Demon’s Souls (Bluepoint Games / Japan Studio)
- Destruction All Stars (Lucid Games / XDEV)
- Gran Turismo 7 (Polyphony Digital)
- Horizon Forbidden West (Guerrilla Games)
- Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales (Insomniac Games)
- Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart (Insomniac Games)
- Returnal (Housemarque / XDEV)
- Sackboy A Big Adventure (Sumo Digital / XDEV)
Apart from brand new PS5 Games from SIE Worldwide Studios and second-party partners, Sony also listed down 19 PlayStation 5 games from third-party publishers and developers as well. Check it out:
- Bugsnax (Young Horses)
- DEATHLOOP (Bethesda)
- Ghostwire: Tokyo (Bethesda)
- Godfall (Gearbox Publishing / Counterplay Games)
- Goodbye Volcano High (KO-OP)
- Grand Theft Auto V and Grand Theft Auto Online (Rockstar Games)
- HITMAN 3 (IO Interactive)
- JETT : The Far Shore (Superbrothers)
- Kena: Bridge of the Spirits (Ember Lab)
- Little Devil Inside (Neostream Interactive)
- NBA 2K21 (2K, Visual Concepts)
- Oddworld Soulstorm (Oddworld Inhabitants)
- Pragmata (Capcom)
- Project Athia (Square Enix/Luminous Productions)
- Resident Evil Village (Capcom)
- Solar Ash (Annapurna Interactive / Heart Machine)
- Stray (Annapurna / Blue Twelve Studio)
- Tribes of Midgard (Gearbox Publishing / Norsfell)
- The Pathless (Annapurna Interactive / Giant Squid)
Sony states Grand Theft Auto (GTA) coming to PS5
With the announcement that Grand Theft Auto (GTA) will be coming to PS5 owing to the close partnership between SIE and Rockstar Games, it was notified that enhanced and expanded versions of GTA V and GTA Online will be made available in the second half of 2021.
Moreover, a new standalone version of Grand Theft Auto Online will also be made available, with access to all PS5 owners for free within the first three months of the title launching. Once the entitlement is claimed, the game is theirs to keep. Sony also informed the PS5 fans that with a PlayStation Plus membership, they’ll be able to play GTA Online as much as they want.
Isn’t that exciting? Do let us know your views on the latest announcement related to the PlayStation 5 in the comments section below.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.