Pre-registration for Battlegrounds Mobile, India is now open on Android Play Store. Yes, The PUBG Mobile India replacement game is presently available for pre-registration on Google Play Store. Till now the company has already got over 1 Million pre-registrations.
Krafton Inc, based in Seongnam, is a South Korean video game holding company renowned for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG), took over a year to bring the game back, but things seem to be moving quickly now that it’s been announced.
Why was PUBG Mobile banned in the first place?
When 59 and 118 Chinese apps, including PUBG Mobile India, were banned in June and September of 2020, the Government of India declared the decision that the apps were “prejudicial to India’s sovereignty and integrity, defense, state security, and public order.” Section 69A of the Information Technology Act of 2000 was used to impose the restriction.
Krafton teased the game:
The new teaser from developer Krafton has been released, revealing additional information about the game. The new trailer shows that Battlegrounds Mobile India would have a function similar to PUBG Mobile.
Features of the game:
- The system requirements: Android 5.1.1 or above is preferable for the game, along with at least 2GB of RAM to run the game on mobile, which is quite similar to what Pubg had.
- Maps: The map is likely to be called Erangle instead of Erangel. Sanhok and Miramar are two other maps confirmed in the teasers, in addition to Erangle. Vikendi (the snow map) has yet to appear in Battlegrounds Mobile India.
- APK file size: On the Google Play Store, the size will be 600MB. The game will, of course, grow in size once downloaded to fit the skins and maps.
Delay in the release of the game:
- Battlegrounds Mobile India will be released in the third week of next month, according to Abhijeet Andhare, also known as Ghatak. “The dates we’re looking at are June 13 through June 19,” he said. However, the release was supposed to be on June 10.
- The release date has yet to be announced by Krafton, but the new Battlegrounds Mobile India will be available for both Android and iOS users.
BATTLEGROUNDS MOBILE INDIA
Third week of June ❤️💪🏻✌🏻
— Abhijeet Andhare (@GHATAK_official) May 25, 2021
Criticism by the Government of India:
- Though the release is near, a letter by Arunachal Pradesh’s MP Ninong Ering, highlighting the disapproval over the release of the Indian edition of PUBG, may bring complications. The MP wrote to Prime Minister Narendra Modi, urging him not to grant the game in India.
- The Indian government is now trying to prohibit the release of games with the directions of two of its ministries in charge of such matters: the Ministry of Home Affairs and the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.