Twitter recently rolled out its promoted tweets advertisement service. The promotion gave you advertising from the trends list. You were able to get these sponsored tweets if you followed them. But these posts fill your timeline, which can be irrelevant to you or sometimes inappropriate. Now you have the option to hide these tweets in the following ways.
Hide the Promoted Tweets from your timeline:
The advertisement of promoted tweets can create discomfort by filling up your timeline. Even though if you had followed the page earlier you can still hide their ads now. Follow the steps to know how to hide the promotion from your Twitter timeline.
- Open the Twitter app and log in with your username and password
- On the promoted tweets find the arrow icon or the vertical three-dot and click on it
- Now select I don’t like this ad or not interested
- Now you can hide the promoted ad from your timeline
Read more: How to view, manage and delete your location history in Google maps?
Block the account or page:
Another option to remove the promoted tweets from your account is to block the accounts or the page. This will not let the page show up again and help you to hide the promoted tweets from your Twitter timeline. Check the guide below to block the account
- Log in to your Twitter account from your phone or desktop
- When you open Twitter on the timeline you see the promotion click on the three-dot menu for options
- Now with the drop-down screen scroll down to Block @ the account
- Click on it and it will block the account and it will not appear on the screen anymore
Read also: FAU-G set for a release in November, the first trailer released
From Personalised Ads Settings
You can also hide the page promotion from your Twitter timeline by visiting the Personalised settings. Read the guide below to hide the promoted tweets from your Twitter timeline.
- Sign in to your Twitter account using your username and password
- Click on more with the three-dot icon
- Go to Settings
- And select Privacy and settings
- Under “Data sharing and off-Twitter activity”
- Tap on Ads preference
- Click personalised ad
- Also, you can use other options
Mute the page or account
The last option on the list to hide the promoted tweets on your Twitter timeline is to use the option of mute the page or account. Follow the steps to know how to mute it.
- Go to your Twitter account
- Browse for the page or account
- Choose the page you like to mute
- Click on the option from the three-dot
- From the page that opens select mute and clicks Yes I’m sure
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.
Sadly, you block one promoted ad and 10 more show up. There is now way to get rid of promoted ads entirely.