Privacy is always the priority when using tech or gadgets. Having a private conversation or calls need to be secure or private. There are many instances where you want to hide private calls or messages. It may be for a secret birthday party or for that celebration you want to keep a secret. You can hide your calls or messages from a contact on your Android device by following the guide below.
Table of Contents
Securing with A password, fingerprint, or PIN
To save yourself from those prying eyes you can always hide your calls or messages on your Android mobile by putting a password or fingerprint. Securing your phone with a PIN is always a simple way to start to keep things private and secure. You can always turn on the silent notifications to keep those messages private. Follow the steps for notification settings below.
- Open the phone screen and go to settings
- Find Apps and notification
- Navigate to Sensitive notification and toggle it off
- And also turn on the Hide silent conversations and notifications
Calculator Pro+ Private Message and Call screening: App
Calculator Pro+ is the decoy app that hides your calls and messages. The app has a calculator icon so that you can hide all your calls or messages in plain sight from an Android phone. Follow the steps for the settings
- First, download Calculator Pro+ from the Play Store
- Allow permission on the app for contacts and storage and proceed
- On the next step, you can set a four-digit PIN to secure it
- Choose the calculator screen to start hiding calls and messages
- When the Message box screen pop up make sure you add the contacts you want to make calls and message privately
- After adding the contacts it will now move to a private database
- You have the option to customise notification
Using Private Text Messaging + Secure Texting & Calling:
Another app that you can choose to hide your call or messages is Private Text Messaging+. You can download the app from Playstore and installation is simple and easy. The app allows you to have end-to-end encryption with the CoverMe Private Messenger. It gives the option to keep all your contacts, calls records, and messages private. A pin-based lock for more securing the app. Text messages can be added to privacy. And you can also put the app to hide. The best feature is you can send disappearing messages and also recall sent messages. Over that, you can also include a private Vault to hide all your photos, videos, and passwords.
TextU-Private SMS Messenger, call app
TextU is another app that you can download from the Play Store to hide your calls or messages from a contact. The perks of the app are the list of options provided by the app. From secure messages, Caller ID, Private box, to delay & schedule SMS you can access many features on the app. TextU has an encrypted messages option to secure all your messages to keep people away from snooping. Other features include the option to lock your app with patterns to use your phone in private. Try the app by downloading it from the Play Store.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.