Backing up your iPhone data to your Mac works in many ways. If you have securely uploaded all your data to your Mac, in case you lose your iPhone you can still have access to all your files and photos using the Mac. You can back up your iPhone to your Mac if it is on macOS 10.15 Catalina or above. Read the steps below to back up your iPhone to your Mac.
Backup iPhone on Mac with USB cable:
Before the release of macOS 10.5 Catalina in 2019, the backup to your Mac was with the iTunes app. Now after macOS 10.5 released you can connect your iPhones with the USB cable and back up to your Mac swiftly. Check the steps below to back up your data to your Mac.
- Connect your iPhone to your Mac with an Apple cable
- On the screen displayed navigate to Finder, which is on the sidebar
- From the Finder, sider click on your iPhone
- Click the Trust blue icon
- On the finder page select general
- And press on “Backup all of the data of your iPhone to this Mac”
Encrypt your iPhone backup on your Mac:
After you have completed your backup process from your iPhone to your Mac. It is suggested to better encrypt your back for safety and security. The encryption process is easy and simple. Follow the steps below.
- Plugin your iPhone on your Mac
- ‘Search the Finder window once you are plugged into your Mac
- Click on your iPhone name from the Finder sidebar
- Tap on the Trust blue icon
- If asked enter your iPhone passcode
- Now click on Checkbox on the General tab
- Choose a password and verify it
- And click the set password
Backup using a third-party app:
It is unlikely that the above steps will not work, but just in case we added a third-party app to the list. You can backup your iPhone to your Mac using a third-party app also. You can download the Syncios iPhone manager app and backup your iPhone to your Mac with these quick steps below.
- Download the app and install it on your Mac device
- Connect your iPhone with a USB cable
- A page will show up on the screen
- And you can select the data you want to back up
- You can back up all type of data files, folders, image, contacts, apps, and even call logs
- After selecting all the data you want to backup to your Mac: Click next
- And it will start the backup
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.