Twitter has changed the authentication process from password to Auth. This means you will not be sharing your username and password when logging into any third-party app without your authorisation. This will help increase the security of your accounts. Read the below guide to see how to remove third-party access from your accounts.
Remove third-party access from Twitter account:
Twitter introducing the authentication process is a big step to keeping your account more secure. Especially when you sign up for any other app using your Twitter account and the app might turn out to be spam. Twitter works continuously to improve such flaws and to manage the third-party app accessing your account, so they have updated the app permission.
The third-party app request authorisation has changed and the app you only authorise can have access when you are signing up for a third-party tool. And also Twitter brings you the options to remove all the third-party access directly from your Twitter account. You can see how to remove the apps that have access to your Twitter account by reading the below steps.
Disabled form App or Desktop:
If you are using an Android device these steps guide you on how to disable the third-party access allowed on your Twitter account for a safer and secure account with privacy maintained. Check out the steps.
- Open Twitter account and sign in with your username and password
- Go to more and select Settings and privacy
- From settings access the “Security and account access”
- Now click on Apps and session
- And select connected apps
- Press on the app you want to disable and click on the Revoke app permission
On iPhone or Mac:
You can also remove third-party access to your Twitter account if you are using an iPhone or a Mac. Check the steps below.
- For iPhone Tap on the profile icon and in Mac click the three-dot menu icon
- Find Settings and privacy
- Next, click on Account
- Navigate to the section Apps and session
- Choose the Apps you want to remove the access from the Twitter account
- And press Revoke access
Remove third-party access from your Instagram account:
Instagram allows you to connect to third-party apps for its services. But there are still many apps linked to your Instagram account which you do not even need, use, or forget you have allowed permission to have access. Fortunately, Instagram allows you disabled third-party access to your account with some easy and simple steps. Revoking the third-party access will help you in keeping your account secure and maintain privacy. Follow the steps below to know how to revoke the access.
On the mobile app:
These steps are to disable the apps that have access to your Instagram account. The simple and easy steps will help you to securely so do. Follow the steps below.
- Open the Instagram app
- Go to Profile on the bottom corner and click on it
- Now click on the hamburger menu: Three horizontal line
- Find Setting on the bottom of the side panel
- On the settings page go to the security
- Scroll down to Apps and Websites
- Select active
- And choose the apps you want to remove and press remove
On the website: Desktop
You can also remove third-party access from your Instagram account if you are using it from the website or your desktop version. Follow the guide to disable it.
- Browse Instagram and log in with your username and password
- Go to the profile icon on the extreme right corner
- From the drop-down menu select settings
- Click on Apps and websites
- And on the page open on the right find the apps you want to remove from the Active page
- Press remove
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.