Facebook news is an attractive part of browsing the online social network. And without interesting news on your feed on Facebook homepage, social networking becomes dull and incomplete. However, if you follow too many pages on FB it can get your new feed messy. Here are some ways you can clean up your Facebook news feed.
Filter your preferences:
The first step you can start with is to filter out your preferences for all the pages and people you have followed. By filtering out the preferences the Facebook algorithm will show you the content based on your preference and what you have selected in what interests you. Since browsing Facebook on the app has been the trend this step is for the FB app but the steps are not different on the Web.
- Login to your credential on the app and open the app.
- Click on the Hamburger icon.
- Scroll and find the option “Settings”.
- And go to the section: News Feed Preference.
- From the open-up page, you will see some options: Prioritise who sees first, Unfollow people to hide their post, reconnect with people you have followed, and discover pages.
- Choose the option accordingly.
Read more: Google Maps rolling out a new community feed in the Explore Tab to Android and iOS users for nearby recommendations
Unfollow or Snooze pages or people you have followed:
Decluttering your Facebook news feed also means not wanting to see posts from particular pages or people you have followed. With many FB users demanding this option Facebook includes three options you can either unfollow, take a break from the page or profile, or snooze them for 30 days. The steps to go to these options are below.
- Open your Facebook account.
- Go to the Page or the Profile.
- Tap on the three-dot icon.
- Now scroll down and Choose: Hide post, Snooze, Unfollow.
Read also: How to change your language in Google on a PC or a smartphone?
Minimise Personalised Ads:
Reducing the personalised ads you are allowed is one of the options to declutter your Facebook news feed. The Facebook algorithm enables ads based on your FB usage, which can sometimes show unwanted ads. But Facebook also has added the option to stop these ads on the news feed. Now you can manually hide advertisers, control ad topics, and manage the data used to show ads. Here are the steps to hide, control, and manage the ads.
- Login to your Facebook official account.
- On the top-right corner click on the down arrow icon
- Go to Settings & Privacy>Settings>Select Ads.
- Now you will see three options on the left side panel: Advertisers, Ad topics, Ad settings.
- Using the options hide, control, and manage your Personalised Ads.
Prioritise who to see first:
This option to clutter your Facebook news feed is by prioritising who you want to see first on your news feed and who you do not want to. You can now prioritise the post from a profile or pages you have followed, you can make these settings using the news feed preferences options. Here are the steps below.
- Login to your FB profile.
- Go to the top-right corner and Tap on the down arrow icon.
- Now select Settings & Privacy>Settings.
- Go to News Feed Preferences>Manage favourites
- Using the star icon manage your favourites.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.