Privacy is of the most importance on social media networks. In the digital age of social media, staying private is the safest way to browse. If you are confused about how to stay incognito on Instagram, you can turn off the active status. Here are the steps you can follow to turn the active status off on Instagram.
Our favourite photo-sharing app features the option to show all your uploaded photos if not kept private. Being fully aware of all your activity on the app is advised. Being private is always encouraged, though it is a social media network. The online status is shown on your DM (Direct message) for those who have DMed you. Unfollowers or followers who you haven’t DMed do not see you online. It shows a green icon that shows your followers on your DM list and can see you are online on Instagram. Turning it off will make you browse the Instagram app privately without any DM (direct message) intrusion.
Step 1: Open the Instagram app: After login
- Navigate to your profile
- Click the profile icon
- Click the three horizontal lines, on the top right corner: Options/settings
Step 2: Go to settings: at the bottom
- Tap on Privacy
- Click the “activity status”
- Next on the screen, it shows the Activity status page
- Turn off the activity status using the toggle
For IOS: iPhone
Here are the steps you can follow in case you are on an iOS device. The process is also similar to the Android smartphone system. You can follow these easy steps and can also hide your online status message so that you do not get any pesky messages, while you are busy.
step 1: Open Instagram on IOS
- Go to the bottom right corner
- Tap the profile icon
- Go to the top right corner
- Click on the three horizontal lines: Menu
Step 2: A screen pop up from the bottom
- Go to settings
- Click the privacy options with the lock icon
- Under the interaction options: press activity status (Fourth option)
- The screen shows the activity status page
- Toggle it off
Do let us know how you liked the above tutorial How to hide your last active status on Instagram in the comments below.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.