Live wallpaper is basically one that contains some form of animation. These wallpapers are interactive wallpapers that are used on your Android home screen. The Google Play Store is home to a vast array of live wallpaper with so many options to choose from. So if you are ever sick of the same dull wallpapers try the live wallpapers by following the guide below.
Table of Contents
Pre-installed live wallpaper on Android smartphone
There are not many options to choose from for the pre-installed live wallpaper library. But android smartphones do come with some pre-loaded live wallpapers that you can set on your home screen. Here are the steps:
- From your home screen press the menu button or go to Settings from the gear icon
- Select Display from the options given in Settings
- Press on wallpapers
- From the three options that pop up choose one: Home screen, Lockscreen, Both home screen, and Lock screen
- Now from the page “Select wallpaper from” choose Live wallpaper: Gallery, Live wallpaper, wallpaper
- From the list of live wallpaper select one and change your homescreen layout
Live wallpaper from Google Playstore:
As mentioned, Playstore has thousands of Live wallpaper apps on the market for you to download and install and most of them are for free. There are many ways to download a live wallpaper. You can either check the live wallpaper for rating, search on Google for the best live wallpaper on Play Store, or just go Google Playstore and type live wallpaper on the search box and click on the one you like. Here is how you can download and install a live wallpaper app.
- Open the Play Store on your Android smartphone and search live wallpaper
- Browse for the live wallpaper whose aesthetic appeals to you
- Open the page and click install
- After the download of the app
- Go to phone settings>Display>Wallpaper
- Choose Home screen, Lock screen, or Both>Live wallpaper>Set wallpaper
- Check your home screen
Set videos as live wallpaper on your Android smartphones:
Most Android phones do not come with pre-installed video live wallpaper, but you can always download it from the Google Play Store. The video live wallpaper is to be added to your home screen through a third-party app so make sure you have the best-looking app. Here is a guide to add video as live wallpaper.
- Open your Google Play Store and download the best video live wallpaper app you can do that by just typing Video live paper on the search box and choose the one which has the best rating and that is of your taste
- Download and install the app on your phones
- Open the app on your smartphone after installation
- Go to choose options and select the video from your gallery or from other platforms you have a video you want to use as live wallpaper
- Click Ok>Apply
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.