Changing from one mobile service provider to another can be useful from time to time. You need the right service provider, which gives you the best network connectivity and internet services. There are some ways you can port your mobile in easy steps. Read the steps given below. And port a mobile number today.
Through SMS service
The process to port your number has become easier than before. MNP (Mobile Number Portability) retains your number and chooses your desired service provider. You do not have to get stuck with the same service provider just to retain your number. You can start porting a mobile number easily by SMS. To port a mobile number you need to make sure the existing connection is active for 90 days. And all the bills are paid. The requirement is only these two. Start porting your mobile number with the steps below.
- Decide which service provider you want to port to
- Send text: PORT space Mobile number to 1900
- You will receive an SMS accepting the request
- Go to the nearest operator store
- Show them the request SMS: give details, take your ID cards
- Charges are 19 Rupees
- Now the process will take only 7 days: or it may take up to 15 days
- Insert the new: with the same number
- Subscriber can withdraw the porting request in 24 hours
Read more: Branded Content ads with product Tags feature for Instagram Reels introduced by Facebook
On apps and websites of the service provider: Online
You can now port/order your SIM online and get it at your doorstep. The steps are as simple and easy as above. The mobile number you like to port should be active for 90 days. All bills should be cleared. You can visit the website or download the app of the service provider. Here are the simple steps to port your mobile number.
- Open the app or visit the website of the service provider
- Find the MNP option and click
- Two option: New sim and Keep the existing number
- Select keep existing number: to retain your number but change the service provider
- Enter details: Pincode, Contact number, address
- Generate OTP from the number you entered
- Enter OTP
- Select the Plan of the service provider you want to switch to
- Your request has been recorded
- Choose delivery at doorstep or store pick up
- Any time the representative you call and deliver you the new with the same number
- Or you can pick up the store according to convenience
Read also: Truecaller rolls out new features to build innovative communication suite
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.