WhatsApp has been working very hard to roll out new features to stand ahead of the competition. The multi-device beta program is an opt-in one giving you early access to never feature of WhatsApp. With this, you can use linked companion devices without the need of keeping your phone connected to the internet. For security purposes, all your data will still be end to end encrypted. Here is how to use this feature in its beta phase.
Before being able to use it there are a few things to keep in mind.
- Up to 4 devices can be used as companion devices but the main login should be only in 1 account.
- The registration and linking of the device should be done via your primary device only.
- Not using the device consecutively for 14 days will result in disconnecting of linked devices.
- Cannot clear or delete chats if your companion device is an iPhone.
- Messaging or calling someone with an older version of WhatsApp.
- View live location on the companion device.
- View or create a broadcast on a companion device.
- Calling between people who joined and not enrolled on the beta program.
- Sending a message with link previews from WhatsApp web.
How to use the feature – WhatsApp on multiple devices
Before using the feature one should ensure that they are running the latest version of the WhatsApp application or WhatsApp business on their Android or iPhone.
Step 1 – Open the Whatsapp application on your primary device.
Step 2 – Tap the three-dot on the rightmost corner.
Step 3 – Select Linked devices from the drop-down menu.
Step 4 – A try new improvement popup will appear in front of you, press ok.
Step 5 – Now tap on Multi-device beta to enrol yourself.
Step 6 – Press Continue to step ahead (all previously connected devices will be logged out).
Step 7 – Read all the terms and conditions before linking the device.
Step 8 – Head back and select the Link a Device option.
Step 9 – Scan the QR code by either installing the WhatsApp application on PC or heading to web.whatsapp.com.
Now you can easily link up to 4 devices by following the method. By using this method you need not stay online on your primary device and will still be able to use WhatsApp. You can leave beta anytime you wish from step 7.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.