A laptop with low audio volume is the biggest hardship to face when you want to enjoy movies or YouTube videos. What can be more annoying than not being able to feel the videos because of the low sound? You often get stuck in such a situation not knowing what to do at times with no speakers to fix the problems. The problem can be fixed to some extent. Follow the guide below.
On Windows laptops:
The low audio volume on laptop has been a common problem faced by many Windows users. But it is not a tough issue that cannot be fixed or not a situation that you will be needing a technician for. There are some simple ways for you to start fixing the problems. Follow the guide.
Read more: Nokia Power Earbuds Lite with 35 hours of music playback launched in India
Check the loudness equalizer settings
Here is a step you can start doing to solve the low audio volume on your Windows laptop. The step is to stabilise the audio playback.
- Open settings>Sound Settings
- Scroll down and click on the Sound control panel
- From the page open up tap on speakers>right-click Properties
- Now go to Enhancement and press the tick on Loudness equalisation
- Press Apply and click Ok
Manage the default playback device
The settings in the laptop change sometimes without even you knowing it. The reasons may be many, maybe because of the plugin’s external speakers, the default gets changed. Check the steps below to check the default setting.
- Right-click on the sound icon on the taskbar
- Tap on the Sound
- And select Playback devices
- Go to Playback and select the speakers
- Set as Default Device
Update the audio drivers
Another setting that you can do to fix the low audio on your Windows laptop is to update the audio drivers. The audio drive may cause problems with the output volume so updating the drivers might help the volume problem.
Read also: How can you display your smartphone screen on a TV
On Apple Macbook:
The low audio volume problem on a laptop can be faced on a Mac as well. But there are some ways to fix it if the problem arises. Here are some ways you can boost the audio output on Mac.
Run Maintenance scripts
You can run the maintenance script by downloading the CleanMyMac X’s app. The process will help in optimising the performance of your Mac by running some routine checks. Follow the steps to run the functions.
- Download the app and open it
- Select maintenance from the sidebar
- Now click on Run maintenance Scripts
- Press Run button
- It will repair disk, verify startup disk, rebuild the launch service database
- Fixing the functions will result in sound settings and might fix the low sound issue
Check the sound setting
Checking the sound settings might help in identifying the cause of the problem and will be able to solve the low audio volume problem. Follow the steps.
- Press on the Apple menu and open the System Preferences
- Click on the Sound panel
- Find the Output tab
- And select the built-in speakers
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.