GoodWorker, founded by Temasek, is a mobile application that helps migrant workers find jobs who had to go back to their native place amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. GoodWroker later joined hands with Pravasirojgar, an initiative launched in July 2020 by the Indian actor, Sonu Sood and Schoolnet.
Schoolnet India Limited (formerly IL&FS Education and Technology Services Ltd) is one of the leading EdTech and skilling companies in India. The company works in the direction to elevate the demographic dividend using the concept of 3Es: Education, Employability and Employment.
According to Sonu Sood, “This partnership will help in realising my dream of providing a better life and securing a livelihood for millions of youths. With this, we aim to give the migratory workers an opportunity to upskill and improve their job prospects”.
What are the features of the GoodWorker application?
The GoodWorker app helps the migrant right from making a profile till they get a reliable job in various cities. It allows job seekers to create a profile consisting of their skills. The app engine recommends the most suitable job openings based on their skills. The best part is, the app is totally free to use. The features of the GoodWorker app are as follows.
- Job-matching tool: The algorithm of the app is designed such that it matches the skills, experience, and preferences entered by the users to the best-fit jobs for them.
- Located-bases jobs: Since the migrant workers have moved back to their native places, the app recommends jobs based on proximity. This saves the extra cost of conveyance on the part of workers.
- Reliable jobs: The GoodWorker app has collaborated with renowned firms so that job-seekers get stable and sustainable jobs. Every job profile is thoroughly tested to provide genuine job offers.
- Interview scheduling: The app automatically notifies about the interviews the user gets shortlisted for. The users get information regarding the dates, location and the mode via WhatsApp or text messages.
- Experience Letter: Good worker ensures that the user gets the best from his/her job. Thus, the app offers an experience once the user leaves the current job. This experience letter shall help him/her traverse an increasing curve in his/her career.
What is the significance of the GoodWorker app?
The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted almost all aspects of life. According to the Ministry of Statistics, the Indian GDP (Gross Domestic Product) for Q1 FY21 contracted by 24% as compared to the preceding year. The lockdown had resulted in a slowdown of businesses like textiles, construction, and tourism the aftermath of which persist to date. The Pravasirojgar initiative by Sonu Sood was a silver light to the migrant workers who were the worst sufferers of the lockdown.
According to Pradyumna Agrawal, GoodWorker Board Member, “We were already building and had plans of a certain amount of investment in India. When we came across Sood’s Pravasi Rojgar and Schoolnet and saw how they have reached 400 districts, we decided to combine forces with them bringing in out cutting edge technology to effectively expand their operations by finding the right talent”.
How can GoodWorker app help the migrant workers in the ongoing wave of the COVID-19 pandemic?
Contrary to expectations, the country has observed a sudden rise in the number of COVID-19 patients in April 2021. As a result, migrant workers in industrial areas are moving back to their home cities/towns. Thus, the app has again emerged as a supporter of job seekers. The actor Sonu Sood has been proactively raising awareness through social media and newspapers so that as many migrant workers may get benefitted as possible.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.