There is no YouTube app yet for desktop but YouTube can be streamed from the website using Chrome or any other browser. Google is responsible for streaming YouTube and connecting Google Chrome to YT. And at times it may not be able to load YT on Chrome browser or YouTube may not be working on your desktop. If you ever faced the same situation follow the following guide to fix the problems or errors.
Close all other functions and restart Google Chrome:
The first solution on the list is simple and it works to fix many other issues as well. If you had opened too many pages and tabs on the Chrome browser this might be the first reason for YouTube not working on your desktop. How you can fix such an issue is simple. You need to close all tabs and pages from the browser and clear all browsing site data. You can clear all the site data by using Ctrl+H or by clicking on the vertical three-dot on the top corner. Next select Settings>Privacy and Security>Clear browsing data and after completing the process restart the Google Chrome browser.
- Open the Chrome settings by using the vertical three-dot icon on the right top corner
- Manually you can toggle the settings: Go to site settings>Content section
Disable AD blocker from extension:
The adblocker in your Chrome browser extension might be one of the reasons that is creating issues while loading YouTube. The extension which has been enabled on Chrome might block the YT playback. You have two to fix from the extension: You can pause the extension or you can remove the extension added to your Chrome. Check the steps below.
- Click the three-dot icon menu on the top corner
- Go to More tools
- From the drop-down page select extensions
- And the from the page that open toggle off the extension
- Or you can remove the extension from the Chrome browser
Browse Chrome using a VPN:
Another best solution for fixing YouTube not being able to load on Google Chrome desktop is opening YT using a VPN. The Virtual private network will help you stream your YouTube if you counter a problem in playing it on Chrome. You can either download a VPN app or you can add an extension to your Google Chrome browser. The following step is on how to add a VPN extension.
- Use the menu icon on the top right corner: three-dot icon
- Go to more tools>Extensions
- Click the horizontal line icon on the top left corner
- Scroll down on the left side portal and select Open Chrome Web store
- Using the Search bar on the left window search for a VPN
- And click Add to chrome
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.