Now you will be able to watch YouTube while using other apps with the new PiP mode in Apple products. YouTube is introducing this feature to iPhone and iPad users. The feature will be available for YouTube premium subscriptions. When you close the YouTube app the video you were watching will be displayed in a small window, which you will be able to move on the screen. Here is everything you need to know about picture-in-picture by YouTube.
Compatibility of OS
The picture-in-picture mode is already available for Android, but it is coming soon for iPhone and iPad users who have a YouTube subscription. An iPad with IOS 14 update or later, and iPhones with iOS 14 or later will be able to feature this mode. The PiP mode lets you watch YouTube videos in a mini player while simultaneously browsing other apps on the mobile. The mini player can move across the screen and also let you resize by pinching two fingers.
Read also: Twitter’s new feature will allow users to play YouTube videos in tweets within the app
Multitasking while using the phone
Now while you are watching YouTube you can Facetime also with the picture-in-picture mode. Multitasking on iPhone and iPad is made possible with the new feature. PiP will work even when you are using YouTube from Safari. You will still be able to multitask with a small window over other apps.
Read more: Microsoft released EA Play on Xbox Game Pass for PC and Auto HDR Preview for Windows
How to use PiP (picture-in-picture)
Before learning how to enable picture-in-picture mode you must have a Youtube premium subscription. And the mode should be enabled from any browser Chrome or Safari.
- Open the Web browser from your iPhones or iPad.
- Log in to your account which has a YouTube premium subscription.
- Now search for any video you want to watch on the search bar and click the video.
- Once you play the video, put the video on fullscreen by tapping the square icon.
- Now tap on the video that is playing and you can view the controls.
- Click the picture-in-picture button from the top-left side which is just next to the close button.
- You can also use double tap or swipe up to enable the picture-in-picture mode.
- Once you are in the picture-in-picture mode you can drag the mini window or resize it and use other apps while still playing YouTube video.
- And you can exit the picture-in-picture mode by clicking on its icon from the top-right side in the small window.
- You can also go to full screen by double-tapping on the video that is playing.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.