WhatsApp is not just a popular cross-platform centralized messaging and voice-over-IP service. It can be used as a medium to send or receive money. The Payment feature of WhatsApp offers a secure and convenient way to transfer to or receive money from your contacts.
How can you set up an account for WhatsApp Payments?
To set up, an account for WhatsApp Payments, follow these steps.
- Launch the WhatsApp application on your Android or iOS device.
- On an Android device, click the three dots located in the top-right corner. On an iOS device, tap the gear icon to open the Settings.
- Once you tap the Accept ad Continue button, you will see a list of banks on your screen. Choose the bank that through which you want to make the payments. You need to ensure that your bank account must be linked to the same number as your WhatsApp account.
You will receive an SMS for verification after which you can go ahead to set up a UPI PIN.
How can you send money using WhatsApp Payments?
To make payment to a WhatsApp contact, follow these steps.
- Launch the WhatsApp application and choose the contact to whom you wish to transfer the money.
- Open the chat of the desired contact and choose the payment option.
- If the recipient does not use WhatsApp Payment, you can still send the money using his/her UPI ID.
- Type the amount that you wish to transfer and your UPI PIN.
As soon as the UPI PIN is validated, the amount will be transferred to the recipient’s bank account.
How can you receive money using WhatsApp Payments?
There are two methods to receive money using WhatsApp Payments.
- If the sender is using the WhatsApp Payment method, then the amount will automatically be sent to your bank account.
- If the sender does not use the WhatsApp Payment method, you will be required to furnish him/her with your UPI ID. This ID will be used by the sender to send money using other payment platforms. Once you receive the money, you will get a notification from WhatsApp.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.