GIPHY is one of the most widely used application to create GIFs. When you launch the app, you’re automatically directed to the GIPHY’s gallery to browse different varieties of GIFs. However, in this article, we will discuss how you can create a GIF from the captured screen or shot videos.
Who will need to create a GIF and why?
The Graphics Interchange Format, commonly known as GIF, is one of the most used media formats across different platforms and purposes. Static images and videos have their limitations. While creating presentations, using multiple images at different places is inconvenient. Videos are too bulky to import into a project. On the other hand, a GIF condenses a few frames in one place. Nowadays, GIFs are extensively used on social media to create memes. They don’t utilise much storage and can be easily shared. Thus, if you are a digital creator or a presentation maker, you would need to learn the art of creating GIFs.
To make a GIF using the GIPHY application, follow these steps.
Step 1: Getting the video
- Tap the ‘Create’ button, located in the top-right corner of the screen. You could also tap the ‘Profile‘ tab situated in the bottom-right.
- You can either select a video from the Gallery or capture a new video.
- Permit the app to access your camera or Gallery.
Step 2: Once you shot the video or captured the smartphone screen, you can go ahead with creating a GIF.
- Text: Type the desired text or caption that you want to add to your GIF. You can choose from the nine available colours.
- Effects: There are eight unique effects available including rainbow overlay, weird crystal effect, and black-and-white film grain.
- Stickers: You can add cool stickers to your GIF. The app offers several animated stickers to choose from.
- Trim: You can select or reject the parts of the video as per your wish. Use the markers to delete the portions that you don’t wish to add to your GIF.
Step 3: You can modify the resolution and the aspect ratio by cropping the GIF. Once you tap the Crop tool in the top-right corner, you’ll the default aspect ratios to choose from like 1:1, 3:2, 16:9, 4:5, and 9:16.
Step 4: Once you choose the desired aspect ratio, tap the ‘Right Arrow’ button.
Step 5: Now you can save your GIF by tapping the ‘Save GIF’ option.
The GIFs made using the GIPHY application are compatible with all the social media platforms like Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter. You can also share the files from within the app.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.