YouTube is a very popular video streaming platform and many of us watch YouTube to take a break from our hectic schedule. By default YouTube stores all your search history and it will be shown to you every time you press the search icon. Well if you want to hide the search history of your account then you are at the right place. We will guide you through how to stop YouTube from saving your search history. Just follow these simple steps and you would be able to hide your search history.
Hide search history in the mobile app
If you use an Android or an iOS device then there are just a few steps to stop the search history. Just follow the steps below-
- Open the Youtube app on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- Then click on your profile picture on the app.
- Then tap on settings.
- Then go to History & Privacy.
- The final step is to check the pause search history option and that’s it.
You can also turn off the watch history as well if you want. Search history is everything that you searched for on the Youtube search bar and watch history shows every video that you have watched. So if you want to stop the watch history as well then you can check that option as well.
Read also: Now you can protect your Activity History on Google with a
Hide search history on the Web app
If you binge-watch YouTube with your Windows PC or your Mac, then turning off the search and watch history will be a bit different. Just follow the steps given and you will be able to pause search history and watch history on your Windows PC and Macs. Here are the steps:
- Open your web browser which you use, and search for YouTube.
- On the top right corner, you will be able to see your profile picture, tap on that.
- After you have clicked on the profile picture, just click on Your data in the YouTube option.
- From there you will be able to pause search history as well as watch history on YouTube.
And that is how you can also stop the search history and watch history on YouTube mobile app and YouTube web app.
Read also: How to view, manage and delete your location history in Google
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.