Apple is a technology company based in California and founded by Steve Jobs in 1976. It primarily deals in iPad, iPhones and MacBooks. IOS has a feature for parents that allows them to keep a check on their children’s screen time. The screen time feature allows family members to keep a check on the usage of devices so that parents can structure the time their kids use them.
However, recently a bug has been reported in Apple’s screen time on the parental control system that is allowing their children to continue watching without any limits and access to adult content as well. Here is everything to know about this strange ordeal and how to fix it.
Table of Contents
What is a screen time bug?
Wall Street Journal has recently reported that there is a bug in the screen time feature that is allowing kids to bypass the daily time restrictions set by their parents. Youngsters can play games and interact on social media without any restrictions. Apple has confirmed the bug and a spokesperson said that Apple is looking into this matter very seriously.
The screen time feature was added in 2018 in iOS 12 when there was a serious concern regarding smartphone addiction.
The screen time feature allows parents to limit content, check who they communicate with and which app they can use. This prevents the kids from getting addicted to their smartphones as they know that their activity is being monitored. However, with this recent bug, all the settings of screen time are restored to normal and there are no restrictions listed at all.
How to fix the Screen Time bug problem?
After several parents reported this issue on the Apple community website, a source who has allegedly been in touch with Apple requested parents to try this method suggested by Apple:
- Turn off screen time for the device that is needing to be blocked for downtime (child’s device).
- Make sure all pictures have synced with iCloud or they will be lost (scroll to the bottom of the photos app to check if any are pending) sign out of iCloud on all devices that can either approve screen time requests or have screen time limitations (child and parents).
- Reset the same devices (not erase content, just reset all settings by going to Settings > General > Transfer or Reset iPhone > Reset > Reset All Settings).
- Sign back into iCloud on all devices.
- Turn screen time back on and set downtime limits.
However, if this method does not work for you don’t panic, Apple knows about this issue and is going to fix it soon.
Now that Apple is aware of the bug in its screen time feature it is working on it to get it terminated real soon. To know more about this matter stay tuned to Gadget Bridge.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App. You can find the latest car and bike news here.