You can connect your iPhone with your TV either with the help of an HDMI Adapter and cable or an Analog Adapter and cable. First, we will help you skim through the instructions of how to connect you iPhone and TV via HDMI Adapter and cable. Follow these steps:
- You need to first obtain an HDMI adapter. An iPhone 4 will require a 30-pin to HDMI adapter, others will require a smaller lightening to HDMI adaptor. Note that only models starting from iPhone 4 and higher can connect to a TV using HDMI.
- After getting the HDMI cable, connect the HDMI adapter to the iPhone.
- Now, you need to connect one end of the HDMI cable with the adapter and the other end with an HDMI port. For your information, HDMI ports are usually at the back of the TV, named HDMI port.
- Switch on the TV and the iPhone.
- Press the input button on the TV remote. In some remotes the button is called Source instead of Input.
- Select the HDMI port to which your iPhone is connected.
With this, your TV screen will automatically replicate the screen of your iPhone. The next option to connect both devices is the use of analog adapter and cable. Here are the steps for your assistance:
- Obtain an analog adapter. In case of iPhone 4S and older models, you will need an adapter that has a 30-pin connector. In case of the iPhone 5 and higher models you will need a lightning to VGA adapter.
- Obtain a composite or VGA cable.
- Connect your analog adapter to the iPhone.
- Now, connect one end of the Analog cable to the adapter and the other end to the TV. Each connecting end of the adapter and cable should be of the same colour.
- Switch on the TV and iPhone.
- Now press the Input button on the remote. As mentioned, in some cases it can also be called Source.
- Finally, select the Composite or VGA port to which your iPhone is connected.
Now your TV should replicate the screen of your iPhone. So, that’s about it folks.