Google’s Play Store is one stop shop for all the Android device users. It is the place from where they can download a new app on to their devices or update an old one. Android being a part of Google’s family and also one of the major operating systems has more than a million applications. Although Google Play Store has many apps, which can be downloaded and used by the user, but it doesn’t hold all the apps. And there might come a time when you are trying to look for an app on the Google Play Store but it doesn’t show any result.
Many do not know but Android OS also allows its users to download the applications from sources other than the Google Play Store and install them on to their devices. So, here is what you should do when you don’t find an app you want to install to your Android device.
Before downloading any app from an unknown source, keep in mind that the apps installed from other bases might have viruses or malware and it might damage your device. So, download the applications from a trustworthy third-party platform only. And you should use the Google Play Store as much as possible to download your apps and only use the third-party platforms in case of extreme need.
Here’s how you can download an app from a third-party platform:
- First, you need to find a trustworthy third-party platform to download the app from, you can go to APKMirror.com for example.
- Once there, you can look for the app by going through the list of apps they have or you can type the name of the app you want in the search bar. Once the search results are out, you can click on the app you are looking for.
- But keep in mind that third party platforms will have multiple versions of the same app. The versions are listed by their release dates mentioned there. Find the app version you are looking for and click on it.
- After that you can download the app by clicking on the Download button present on the platform.
- Before downloading your phone will warn you about the risks of downloading and installing unknown apps. You can press OK to proceed with the download.
- After the download finishes you would need to tap on the notification to begin the installation process.
- Your phone will then again warn you about the risk of installing the unknown apps. To install the app, you first need to go to Settings and activate the toggle on the Install from Unknown sources option.
- Once done, you can proceed with your installation process and tap on the app to install.
- After the installation completes, you will get a confirmation screen saying that the app was successfully installed. You can then open and use the app from the app drawer.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.