Gmail has added a number of useful features to its service and one among these is the option of scheduling emails. This new feature does what its name implies – it enables you to schedule an email to send later. You can write an email and then you can choose the date and the time you would like the email to be sent. Once done, the email will be scheduled and it will be sent on the day and time it has been scheduled for. You can schedule an email to 49 years in advance. While we don’t see anyone scheduling an email that in advance, we acknowledge that this feature is indeed very useful. Here’s how you can schedule an email in Gmail:
How to schedule an email if you are using your PC’s browser
- Write and compose your email and choose the recipients.
- Once the email is ready to be sent, you need to click on the arrow button beside the ‘Send’ button. Once done, click on the ‘Schedule Send’.
- Once you do this, choose the data and time. Few dates will be already be assigned which you can choose or click on the ‘Pick date and time’.
- After that you will be taken to the window where you can choose the date, month and year and time at which you want the email to be sent.
- Once it is done, you need to click on ‘Schedule Send’.
- The email will be scheduled for the chosen date and time.
How to schedule an email if you are using the Gmail app in smartphones
- Click on the ‘Compose’ or the big ‘Plus’ button on the bottom right corner of the screen.
- Compose the email, add the recipient’s name and put an appropriate subject line. Basically get the email to be sent ready in place.
- Once you have written the email, click on the ‘three vertical dots’ icon on the top right of the screen. This icon is right beside the send icon.
- On doing this, a window will drop down with many options. Tap on ‘Schedule Send’.
- After that, you will be given pre-set date and time of the schedule. You can choose from any of them if it meets your criteria.
- If not, then you need to choose the ‘Pick date & time’.
- You will be given the option to choose the date, the month, the year and the time at which you want the email to be sent.
- After choosing the desired date and time, you need to click on ‘Schedule Send’ and the email will be scheduled to the time set.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.