WhatsApp is one of the most popular instant messaging platforms today and currently most people who own a smartphone use it. It can be used for sending messages, videos and images. The WhatsApp application is available for both Android and iOS, but sometimes you would need to use the app on your PC and that’s where the WhatsApp desktop app becomes useful. Using the WhatsApp desktop app, that is also known as WhatsApp Web, you can use the platform on your big-screened desktop, but setting it up for the first time can be confusing. Here we are telling you the ways by which you can set up WhatsApp web on your desktop:
- First, to use WhatsApp on your PC, you need a PC and a smartphone with the WhatsApp app in it. You also need to be logged in to the app.
- Then you need to go to https://web.whatsapp.com/. Once there, you will see a QR code which will appear in a square box with black and white patterns in it.
- Open the WhatsApp app in your smartphone and look for the triple dots set up in a vertical way at the top right corner of the app. Tap on it.
- Then from the list of menus, click on ‘WhatsApp web’.
- After that, you will be asked to open the web.WhatsApp.com on your PC. Click on ‘OK, GOT IT. A QR scanner will appear.
- Scan the PC’s QR code with your smartphone.
- Then you will be given a list of devices you are logged in to. If you haven’t used the WhatsApp web before then it will open your WhatsApp account immediately. But if you have used it on another device then it will give you the list of devices where you have opened the WhatsApp web. You can select on the device which you are using for the WhatsApp web.
- If you want to log in to a new device, you need to press the white + sign on the top right side of the menu of your smartphone. It will launch the camera, then you need to give permission to WhatsApp to use your device’s camera if you haven’t given already.
- After that, you can scan the QR code displayed on the PC and then follow the steps mentioned above. Your PC will open your WhatsApp account itself.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.