The Xbox Game Bar application on Windows 10 enables you to capture your screen along with application audio and voiceover. This feature of Xbox helps you record your gameplays along with commentary. You may also use this feature to record your online lectures or create your own tutorial videos. The screen recordings are automatically saved on your PC to access them anytime.
What you must ensure before you begin recording your screen using the Xbox Game Bar?
Before you begin recording your screen using the Xbox Game Bar, you must ensure the following points.
- Enable the Xbox Game Bar in the Settings: Go to Settings > Gaming > Xbox Game bar and turn the toggle on for record game clips, chatting with friends, and receiving game invites.
- Open the app that you want to record: Either close or minimize the apps that you don’t is to record. If other application windows are left open, they will also be recorded.
- Turn-off other sounds: The screen recorder function of the Xbox Game Bar records all the sounds that are playing at a time. These include the sounds from your current application as well as background applications. To avoid distracting sounds, either close the secondary applications or turn their volume off.
How can you record your PC’s screen using the Xbox Game Bar?
To record your PC’s screen using the Xbox Game Bar, follow these steps.
- Launch the Xbox Game Bar by search it in the Start menu. Alternatively, you can use the Windows+G key combination to start it.
- Apart from the application sounds, you can do a voiceover by clicking the microphone icon located at the top left corner. This will activate the external audio recording.
- To control the volume of the running application, use the slider given in the System Sounds tab.
- Once you’re set to start the screen recording, click the Record button. Alternatively, you may use the Windows+Alt+R key combination.
- As soon as the screen recording begins, you will get a pop up with a timer that displays the total time of recording. You may also use the microphone icon given on the pop up to toggle your external microphone on or off.
- Once you’ve recorded your screen, you may stop the recording by clicking the stop button located on the top left as well as on the pop-up. Alternatively, you may use the Windows+Alt+R key combination.
- You will get a notification saying, “Game clip recorded”.
To access the recorded screens, click the notification that you get once you stop the screen recording. Alternatively, you can go to This PC > Videos > Captures to get all screen recordings.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date with the Gadget Bridge Android App.