There are times where you run into difficulties in opening your contacts on your Android smartphones. The issue might not just be a problem with your contact app. There might be other problems on your Android smartphone that led to the contacts not appearing on your Android mobile. Follow the guide below for the ways to fix the problem.
By updating and rebooting the contacts app:
The very best option you can try first is by resetting the contacts app in your Android smartphones. Rebooting the contact app and restarting the app will resync the contacts and this might help with some of the contacts not appearing on your phone. Follow the steps to reset the contact app
- Open the Settings app on your screen>Depending on which Android mobile, navigate to Settings with the gear icon.
- Scroll and find Apps>Expand all apps.
- Now open the contacts app.
- Go to the top-right corner and click on the three-dot icon menu.
- Select Uninstall.
- You can now reboot your Android smartphone and update the contacts app when prompted.
Read more: Google photos can now sync liked images with Apple Photos
Clear Contacts App cache:
The next way that might help the contacts not appearing on your Android smartphone is by clearing the contacts app cache. Containing excess cache might fill-up the contact app space. Clearing the cache will free up some space. Note, just clear the data and cache do not delete your contacts. Follow the steps to clear the cache.
- Go to settings>Find Apps info.
- From the Apps, info scrolls down to find the contacts app.
- Now open the app and Tap on Storage & cache.
- From the page open>Click on Clear cache on your right with the bin icon.
- If you’re clicking on clear storage make sure you back your contact.
Read also: Telegram’s latest update now lets you migrate chats from WhatsApp: Here is how
Sync all your contacts with Google account:
Usually, the contacts get sync automatically if your Google account is linked with your Android smartphone. But just in case the contacts have not been synced yet, try syncing your contacts manually. And it might help in contacts to show up. Follow the guide below.
- The first step, Go to the Settings app.
- And select User & accounts.
- Scroll down to Accounts>Click on Google.
- Click on Accounts sync.
- Toggle Contacts.
- Let Google sync all your contacts.
If you have saved all your contacts on your Google account the best way is to import all your contacts. Import the contacts that you have on SIM or phone memory. Here are the steps.
- Open the Contacts from your Android smartphone.
- Click on the setting using the three-dot icon.
- Find the import option>Choose the source of the contacts importing.
- Wait for the syncing to end.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.