The following guide is for hiding your apps when you do not want to see them. But you also do not want to delete them or you have no need for the app but occasionally you want to access them. This situation of wanting to hide your app can arise for many reasons, follow the guide below to hide apps on your Android smartphones.
Hide your apps on your Android smartphones: Settings.
Hiding your apps can sometimes get judgy, to be frank. But what people do not know is that it is actually for security and to ensure the safety of your Android smartphones. Hiding your apps works best when you lose your phone or it is stolen. The guide below will work for most Android smartphones.
Note: Android smartphones do not come with hiding your app feature. But if you disable the app from the setting the app will not appear in the App drawer, however, it would not be uninstalled from your phone also.
- Open the phone settings and go to Apps by scrolling down.
- Tap the app you want to hide>Click disable from the App info page.
- Wait for the confirmation page to open up and click Disable.
- Now you can hide your app from your app without uninstalling it.
Hide your apps using secure folders:
The method is not for every Android smartphone but all Android phones, which feature a biometric security key option to secure the app can use it. This guide seems fit to mention since most Android smartphones now have the option to make your folders secure with a pin or any other form of lock. Follow the steps below to safeguard the folder with secure folders.
- The first thing you should do is open the settings on your smartphones.
- Browse for the Biometrics and security options and tap on them.
- Now select Secure Folder>Follow all prompts.
- Enter a security code>Or any other form of lock.
- Now check in the App Drawer if your folder is secure, so are all your apps in the folder.
Using a third-party app: Nova launcher.
This Android launcher has been suggested by many experts including us. The app comes with plenty of features and it runs smoothly. However, you need Nova Prime to hide all your apps. The steps below are for hiding your apps in your Android smartphones.
- Download the app from Google Play Store.
- Before making further steps make sure you have made Nova launcher as your default launcher.
- Now open the Nova launcher app>Settings on the app.
- Click Apps & Widgets drawer.
- Go to the head drawer>Find hide apps.
- Tick the box next to the app that you want to hide.
- And since the app is hidden, if you want to use the app> use the search box and type the app name in the search box and it will appear.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.