Saving your files on your smartphones is performed by the built-in tools on your mobile. So if the name of the file is messy and it is such a pain to find the recently saved files. The files you have saved are in numbers or are in computer format generated by the tools. This creates such discomfort in searching for your files. Here is how you can batch rename files on your Android mobile to make the search easier.
Table of Contents
Batch multiple files using ES files explorer app:
ES files explorer is a great software that lets you rename your files in bulk. It is one of the best free batch renamer apps available that you can download. Follow the steps below to batch rename files on your Android mobile.
- Download and install the app from Google Play Store: Link
- Find the location you want to rename the files on your Android smartphones.
- Now long-press the files and folders until you see a green tick icon>Do the same and tick all files you want to batch.
- Next, find the rename button on the top bar and click on it.
- Wait for a pop-up showing Batch rename>Configure the options given on the page.
- From the rename the files with a number or a name.
Batch rename files using Bulk Rename Wizard App:
The next option to batch rename files on your Android mobile is by using the Bulk Rename Wizard app. This app has more customisation and it is a free renaming tool designed for Android mobile. You can rename multiple files and folders easily and faster with this minimal operations app. Follow the guide below to batch your rename files.
- Go to Play Store and download the app: Link
- Open the app after installation>Click on Rename.
- Now from the two options, open up: History, and Add files.
- Choose one from the options>Click Next.
- From the criteria builder, you will have three options: Add arrangement, add rename criterion, Load rename task.
- Configure the rename options>Runtime options> original location>If file exists>skip.
- After clicking Save task>Select Finish at the bottom of the page.
- There are also options for customisation>You can create a rename task>You can edit the rename task also.
- After you have completed the renaming process you can view the details of the rename files on the notifications.
Hope the suggestions for batch renaming files help you rename your files swiftly. Using the above apps will make the process simpler.
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.