For the unknown, just by clicking on allow notifications of an app/software that pops out during the setup process gives access to the app to have internet access. There are other instances as well when you want your applications to connect to a local network and better internet, but not all of them. There are some methods to block the app access to the internet on your Windows computers.
From Windows Defenders Firewall:
Though allowing apps to run online using the internet on the laptop is usually good. There are many reasons to block an app from accessing the internet on your computer. One example is to stop automatic updates of an app or disabling an app that cannot be used offline. The following are the steps to block an app on Windows computers.
- Open your computer and go to the bottom left corner on the Search bar and type Windows Defenders Firewall
- On the next page click on Windows Defenders Firewall and open it
- From the left side, panel scroll down and select Advanced settings
- When the Advanced settings program is open click outbound rules from the side panel
- Now from the right-side panel click on New rule
- New Outbound Rule Wizard will open and from the options choose Program and click Next
- From This program, path browse the apps you want to block and select the app and press next
- On the next screen tap on Block the Connection
- The program will ask when/where do you want to apply this rule, tick on all the three options: Domain, Private, Public
- Next name the rule, add a description to it
- And hit finish and the app will be blocked from accessing the internet
Read more: How to sign out of all your Google accounts at once on all devices?
Block Internet access using network adapter:
By disabling the network adapter you can also block the app access to the internet. The access of all utilities or setups of your computers will be blocked if you disable the network and will help the app in denying access to the internet on your computers. Follow the steps to disable the network adaptor.
- Open the Run app on your Windows computers by searching from the search box on the bottom left corner Or you can use the command key Win+R>msc
- Open Device Manager on your computers by searching it from the search box
- From the Device manager navigate to Network adapters
- From the page click on the arrow icon to expand the list
- From the drop-down page, you will see what all applications are connected to the internet
- Select the application or program you want to disable by using right-click
- From the option that appears from the right-click choose to disable
Read also: Twitter updates its rules against hateful conduct on its platform
For the latest gadget and tech news, and gadget reviews, follow us on Twitter, Facebook and Instagram. For newest tech & gadget videos subscribe to our YouTube Channel. You can also stay up to date using the Gadget Bridge Android App.